There are a wide range of benefits than come from using Emu oil. The oil is extracted from the fat content of the Emu bird and processed to manufacture a variety of products that are designed to treat different medical conditions.
- Topical Treatment Benefits
When applied directly to the skin, the following benefits can be expected:
– Moisturizing and nourishing. Emu oil is great to relieve dry skin issues when used as part of a skin care routine. The oils have also shown results in minimizing fine lines and wrinkles that appear on the face, hands and body.
– Anti-inflammatory properties. This is perhaps the most common benefit of Emu oil and can reduce the appearance of bumps, rashes and other skin conditions that cause inflammation.
– Soothing. Massage with Emu oil can soothe aches and pains that occur in the muscles, joints and bones. The treatment can be used for specific medical conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, gout and many more.
– Healing. Cuts, abrasions and wounds heal faster and more effectively with the use of Emu oil. Existing scars can also be treated with the extract and will result in decreasing the appearance of scar tissue. Stretch marks show remarkable improvement when the oil is applied directly to the area on a regular basis. Leg ulcers (venous ulcers) will benefit from the healing properties of Emu Oil.
- Oral Benefits
When you take Emu oil orally, you can expect the following benefits:
– Weight loss. Emu oil contains healthy lipids that aid in weight loss. The oil has the additional benefit of tightening skin and promoting good skin tone. However, the oil should be taken sparingly as large doses can result in weight gain.
– Lowered cholesterol. The healthy lipids contained in Emu oil are known to lower cholesterol levels. The extract is a great way to supplement protein and fat intake without dealing with the negative side effects.
– Cough and cold remedy. The anti-inflammatory properties soothe the throat and provide relief from coughs that are the result of colds and flu. The oil has been used effectively to treat the symptoms of super bugs such as avian or swine flu.
- How to use it
Information regarding the application and dosage that is most beneficial to treat specific conditions should be provided with your purchase of a specific product. Additional dosage instructions and uses for Emu oil are widely available on the internet.
However, as always it is best to use Emu oil under the supervision of a healthcare professional, especially if you are interested in the benefits that are related to ingesting the extract. Consulting a doctor will also help ensure that using the oil will not cause any interactions with any other medications that you are currently using.