Emu Oil help with sciatic nerve pain | Emulate Products
In the U.S. each year, 1.5 million people have lumbar MRI scans to look for the cause of buttock and leg pain called “sciatica”. Sciatica refers to pain radiating along the sciatic nerve, which originates in the lower spine as a combination of several nerves from the lumbosacral region. The pain associated with sciatica radiates from the buttock area and is felt in the back of the thigh, and may extend to the foot. It is very painful, and usually only one side is affected. Although the pain is felt in the fleshy part of the body, the origin of the pain is a pinching of one or more of the nerves departing the spinal cord in the area of the intervertebral disks. The lower back/spine (lumbar) has the largest and strongest vertebrae and some of the largest muscles supporting it. The nerves that exit from these areas are large and control some very large muscles. The sciatic nerve has its origin from the nerves that exit from the lumbar spine. (See graphic below) If muscles within this area become inflamed, they can put pressure on the sciatic nerve, causing a great deal of pain.
How can Emu Oil help with sciatic nerve pain?
Emu oil is an all natural anti-inflammatory. A massage therapist has noted that, “as emu oil is absorbed into the skin through a deep massage, there is a warming sensation.” This therapist, in applying emu oil during massage on a quadriplegic for 8 months reports seeing, “improvement in skin texture, old burn scars, and overall fitness; before emu, painful spasms were very much a part of his life; and now, almost a thing of the past”. When Emu oil is incorporated with other ingredients such as MSM, it may help relieve the pain associated with Sciatica by delivering the MSM deep within the tissue, helping to reduce the swelling of the muscle, and warming the area. A product such as Arthritis + Muscle Rub with Emu Oil for pain Relief, is one such product. Some recommend elevating the leg and applying a heating pad to help ease the pain associated with Sciatica. (Do not apply a heating pad to an area to which you have applied a menthol based product)
There are a wide range of benefits than come from using Emu oil. The oil is extracted from the fat content of the Emu bird and processed to manufacture a variety of products that are designed to treat different medical conditions.
Topical Treatment Benefits
When applied directly to the skin, the following benefits can be expected:
– Moisturizing and nourishing. Emu oil is great to relieve dry skin issues when used as part of a skin care routine. The oils have also shown results in minimizing fine lines and wrinkles that appear on the face, hands and body.
– Anti-inflammatory properties. This is perhaps the most common benefit of Emu oil and can reduce the appearance of bumps, rashes and other skin conditions that cause inflammation.
– Soothing. Massage with Emu oil can soothe aches and pains that occur in the muscles, joints and bones. The treatment can be used for specific medical conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, gout and many more.
– Healing. Cuts, abrasions and wounds heal faster and more effectively with the use of Emu oil. Existing scars can also be treated with the extract and will result in decreasing the appearance of scar tissue. Stretch marks show remarkable improvement when the oil is applied directly to the area on a regular basis. Leg ulcers (venous ulcers) will benefit from the healing properties of Emu Oil.
When you take Emu oil orally, you can expect the following benefits:
– Weight loss. Emu oil contains healthy lipids that aid in weight loss. The oil has the additional benefit of tightening skin and promoting good skin tone. However, the oil should be taken sparingly as large doses can result in weight gain.
– Lowered cholesterol. The healthy lipids contained in Emu oil are known to lower cholesterol levels. The extract is a great way to supplement protein and fat intake without dealing with the negative side effects.
– Cough and cold remedy. The anti-inflammatory properties soothe the throat and provide relief from coughs that are the result of colds and flu. The oil has been used effectively to treat the symptoms of super bugs such as avian or swine flu.
No information contained within the pages of emulateproducts.com should be construed as medical advice. We are not doctors. Please contact your physician for medical advice. We make no medical claims, expressed or implied. Emu Oil help with sciatic nerve pain | Emulate Products