Moringa Oleifera – A Superfood and #1 Wellness Trend for 2018!
“Recent testing has proven that Moringa outperforms antioxidant superfoods Acai berry, dark chocolate, garlic, blueberries, Baobab, Goji Berries, Pomegranates, and Red Wine for antioxidant levels and absorbency.” – 2013 Oxygen Radical Absorbency Capacity
What is Moringa Oleifera?
Moringa oleifera, also known as the Tree of Life, is an ancient tree that grows throughout the world close to the equator and comes from the moringa tree.
Originating in India, and native to the southern slopes of the Himalayan mountains, Moringa has been a part of ancient Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years, and is said to alleviate symptoms of over 300 illnesses.
The leaves from this truly incomparable tree are used by native villagers for nutrition, healing and health. The World Health Organization began to introduce Moringa to destitute African villages, and within a year were able to reduce infant mortality as much as 50%. Additionally, the seed husk works as a flocculent to purify water for drinking!
Substantiated by science and proven in ancient practice, Moringa has been under careful study by some of the world’s leading doctors, and has been featured on The Dr. Oz Show.
Moringa was also featured as the #1 Wellness Trend in 2018 by Good Morning America.
Vitamins, Minerals, Omegas, and Phytonutrients
Moringa contains a complete combination of all the vitamins, minerals, omegas, phytonutrients, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties that your body needs as a whole food and is 100% absorbed.
Moringa nutrients include:
- 25 times the iron in spinach
- 17 times the calcium in milk – excellent for bone density
- 15 times the potassium in bananas
- 10 times the vitamin A in carrots
- 9 times the protein in yogurt
- Concentrations of vitamin A, C & D
- Omegas 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids
- All of the B vitamins
- Over 22 amino acids, high levels of antioxidants, chlorophyll, phytonutrients, zinc, and magnesium.
Moringa for Weight Loss
Moringa, because it is a super food, enhances the body’s immune system and improves overall health. In addition to this function, Moringa contains a strong concentration of glucoinsolates which break down isothiocyanates so they can be absorbed into the small intestine and improve the metabolism.
Consequently, the body absorbs more nutrients, and experiences very noticeable increases in energy without the use of caffeine, also elevating the digestive system to help efficiently burn calories. You feel more energetic, healthier and have a better ability to burn fat and reduce absorption of sugars into the blood stream.
As with any weight loss plan, Moringa should be incorporated into a healthy balanced lifestyle with regular exercise, adequate water consumption and fresh food choices.
Moringa for Diabetes
For people suffering from diabetic symptoms, Moringa reduces the blood’s glucose levels. Moringa is low on the Glycemic Index (GI) meaning it maintains a healthy flow of glucose for the body to use and often reduces a diabetic’s dependency on insulin.
High GI foods – such as candy and junk food – create a spike in the blood’s sugar levels, which can lead to heightened energy for a small duration of time, quickly followed by a drop and long period of fatigue. It’s these high GI foods that can slow the metabolism and increase the chances of weight gain. Moringa reduces the craving for these types of foods, and provides sustained energy with it’s nutrients.
As with any diabetic meal plan, Moringa should be incorporated into a healthy balanced lifestyle with regular exercise, adequate water consumption and fresh food choices.
Moringa Oleifera Benefits: Cancer
Moringa studies linked to fighting cancer… Research in the past two years has shown that Moringa leaf effectively killed up to 93% of human lung cancer cells in vitro after 48 hours, and also strongly inhibited their ability to grow and spread (stopping them from metastasizing).
In the study, after seven days, the Moringa extract had actually wiped out virtually 100% of the lung cancer cell colonies. It was also effective in killing breast cancer and skin cancer cells while other studies showed Moringa’s ability to suppress ovarian colon and liver cancer as well as myeloma and melanoma.
Source: National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD
Uses for Moringa Leaf
- Excellent for increasing newborn health and lactation in moms.
- Digestion and detoxification
- Improved energy
- Strengthened immune system
- Antioxidant & anti-carcinogen
- Increasing calcium for bone and dental support
- Improved blood pressure
- Aiding Diabetes
Uses for Moringa Oil
- Anti-aging and healing skin care
- Restored health, strength and shine to hair and moistures scalp
- Anti-inflammatory pain reliever for arthritis and sore muscles
- Massage and moisturizing skin
- Healing acne, eczema, burns and skin irritations
Moringa fulfills an important moral commitment to help others, by restoring health and economic stability to farmers in third world countries.
About Emulate Natural Care
• Our products are organic and natural ingredients – 100% safe to use even for kids.
• Certified 100% Natural by Natural Products Certification Ingredients Panel (NPCIP).
• We offer a full Money Back Guarantee for your satisfaction on all purchases!
• We use and support FAIR-TRADE.
• Our products are handmade in the U.S.A. in small batches for freshness using ancient holistic
practices to retrieve the ultimate healing essences from our natural ingredients.
• Our products are gluten, nut, paraben and soy free.
• We give back a portion of our sales to NON-PROFITS to assist and educate families worldwide
in the fight against hunger and poverty.
Find some of our specially formulated moringa based products – Click Here!
Watch for the next article: Moringa Oleifera and its Benefits for Skin and Hair Care